Pursue Your True Self
Mathematics teacher from New York City.
- Body John is a big guy. He probably works out.
- Gen. Athletics: .. He once substituted for the PE instructor and ran more laps than the rest of the students.
- Struggle: .. One time, a kid took a swing at him during lunch, and he managed to restrain the kid without giving him a scratch.
- Speed He plays basketball during lunch and makes almost every shot.
- Dodge: .. And he’s done this when he was playing 8 on 3.
- Driving: .. He drives his ugly grey Volvo like a race car; which is to say, in a very poor manner.
- Initiative: .. When Mr. Kwasi surprised him during an interview for the school news by jumping out of a trash can, he shut the lid of the garbage bin before Kwasi could say “boo.”
- Mind He’s clever.
- Gen. Education: .. He’s got multiple degree-looking things hung up by his desk.
- Notice: .. But he’s not too good at seeing kids text on their cell phones.
- Conceal: .. You’re pretty sure he texts during the lulls in his lecture sometimes.
- Teaching: .. But he’s a pretty good teacher!
- Soul In terms of relatability, he’s got a good connection with his students.
- Charm: He’s got authority.
- Lying: He might be bluffing about it, though.
Mr. John Edwards is the Mathematics department’s only real saving grace. A teacher who really cares about his students and hopes to get them out of the dead-end town that is Ash Creek, he helps his students excel by being an excessively hard-working teacher. However, his comments about how kids “don’t want to spend the rest of their lives in a steel yard” have rubbed the local populace a little wrong, and so people above 18 tend to give “the outsider” a cold shoulder…